A CHEAP HMO
TOP TEN INDICATORS THAT YOU'VE JOINED A CHEAP HMO
10. Annual breast exam conducted at Hooters.
9. Directions to your doctor's office include "take a left when you enter the trailer park."
8. Tongue depressors taste faintly of Fudgesicles.
7. Only proctologist in the plan is "Gus" from Roto-Rooter.
6. Only item listed under Preventive Care coverage is "an apple a day."
5. Your primary care physician is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last month.
4. "Patient responsible for 200% of out-of-network charges" is not a typo.
3. The only expense that's covered 100% is embalming.
2. With your last HMO, your Prozac didn't come in different colors with little "m's" on them.
And the #1 Sign You've Joined a Cheap HMO:
1. You ask for Viagra. You get a popsicle stick and duct tape.